Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Seraphim Blocking!!


Seraphim Blocked
Originally uploaded by Inky Knits.
Here she is finally blocking. I loved working on this shawl, my very first charted lace shawl. Mim's patterns are so well written, and her support of knitters is fantastic!!


Seraphim Blocked
Originally uploaded by Inky Knits.
My Seraphim is Frog Tree Brushed Fingering Weight Suri Alpaca. I bought 5 skeins (about 200 yds each) and used 4. I should have made it at least one repeat bigger for myself but wasn't sure. It blocked to about 73 inches by 37 inches. I chose the brushed suri because we have a white cat and this is to be a shawl for use around the house so it was already "cat hair" friendly. Although Seraphim turned out so beautiful I bet she gets to go outside too!!

I want to make another one, slightly bigger and in a smoother yarn. But first to finish Icarus :)

7 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger DAWN said...

Wow!!! she is just beautiful! I love the yarn choice and color. You did a fantastic job and it makes me wanna finish even faster! I would like to attempt the Icarus shawl next, as well. Yah! for Miriam and her great patterns.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

YAY Inky! It's beautiful! May it bring you much joy!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

So beautiful! Seeing this makes me want to hurry and finish mine.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Beautiful! And I'm glad to hear you needed only 800 yards, as I have only 850 yards for mine.

I love your color.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really beautiful!! I love the color...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger EvaLux said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...
I love the color too... it is inspiring enough to pick up mine again (if only it weren't so darn hot LOL).

Cheers Eva

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

It is beautiful and really dramatic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home