Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One Week In


One week in, and I can't wait until I can start the charts. I'm using undyed merino with size 6 US Denise. Started with a short cable, but have moved up to a 40". I have some red dental floss that I plan to use for lifelines. I tested it, and I can attached it to the Denise through the locking holes. Tried some very fine crochet thread, but it was too heavy. The dental floss seems to be just the right weight.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger DAWN said...

Wow! one week, you are really fast. I love to see all the different color choices that people make for the shawl.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

When I think back to how fast my Mother and Grandmother could knit and crochet, I feel like a snail. Actually, not having an outside job or small children gives me lots of time to knit. And I agree. It's interesting to see the different choices of yarn and color.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger EvaLux said...

Yeah the hardest thing for me was to get through all that st st LOL... Good thing I'm using 2 colors held together. Made it less boring.

But you'll see, once you get to the lace it will go faster even though the rows are longer :)

Cheers Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home