Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Saturday, May 27, 2006

*waves*

Hello! Have finally finished winding my shawl yarn (fingering weight wool by Lisa Souza, you can see it here), have printed the pattern, taken the needles out, and am basically ready to go. The trouble is that I am not only new to lace, but new to shawls, new to charts, and (seems like) new to just about everything but knitting stockinette in the round. ;) I am having trouble understanding just how the pattern will turn the yarn into the finished shawl I see in the picture and had really started to panic, but after reading through your posts and seeing the early-stages photographs, I feel more confident. This is truly what a knitalong is about. :) With luck, I can post a progress photo of my own in a few days!

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi! I love that blue and am looking forward to hearing how you like the Lisa Souza yarn. I have her site bookmarked but haven't gotten any yet.

The pattern becomes clear once you start knitting. I can't wait to get to the lace part of it.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that this pattern is very a good one for someone who knits his first shawl!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

Thanks! I like the yarn a lot so far. I'm about to post a pic, in fact. :)

Part of my problem with the lace is that I didn't really understand how the charts worked! I looked at that little narrow chart and wondered how in the world it could become a huge lace shawl. I was really panicking until I decided to check out some lace primers online, and also checked the pattern by the same designer in the new IK. Now I think I understand it. Whew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home