Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, May 19, 2006

I...

changed my mind again :)

Yes, you read that right... I wasn't happy with the fabric I got using the Zephyr laceweight yarn. Then I was reading several of the lace knitting related yahoo groups I'm on and someone said that if you use 2 strands of Zephyr laceweight yarn you get fingering weight yarn. So I've been thinking about this... and now I have several options... 2 strands of Ladyslipper (pink), 1 strand of Ladyslipper with 1 strand of Ice Blue (light blue) or 1 strand of Ladyslipper and 1 strand of Dianthus (a fuscia color)... hmmm... and then before we even settle on this... should I wind the 2 strands together into a ball, or just use them pulling them each from their own ball...

decisions decisions... as you may have noticed, I'm not good in dealing with decisions hahahaha

Cheers Eva

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger InkyW said...

I love the Dianthus colorway. It's all I can do not to buy some for Icarus!! I like the idea of the Ladyslipper and Ice Blue together as well. As you can see I'm no help when it comes to colors!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Eva, I'm using two strands of laceweight held together and a US5 needle. I cast on last night and have 10 repeats of rows 5 and 6 done. So far the fabric is quite nice.

I'm using two separate balls of yarn.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

use from 2 different balls. if you use 1 ball wound together sometimes they pull at different tensions and then you have problems.

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home