Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hi, My name is Inky


Seraphim 4-22-06
Originally uploaded by Inky Knits.
Howdie all!! I started Seraphim in April '06 and this photo is the status as of 4-22-06. I needed something to knit that wouldn't tax my brain while trying to knit in public and the first part of Seraphim did the trick. I'm now at the beginning of chart three so there's been no public knitting on her for a while :)

This is my first lace shawl and my second attempt at chart reading. I've also got about half a Kiri on the needles but I'm doing that from written instructions. Now that I'm getting used to charts I can see the value of them quite clearly! Mim's pattern is beautifully written and she offers terrifc support when a confused knitter writes to her.

The yarn I am using is Frog Tree fingering weight brushed suri. I chose this heathered, fuzzy yarn as this will be a casual house shawl and therefore subject to the fur of two white cats. So far so good, I can't tell cat hair from the yarn :)

I look forward to seeing the other Serpahim's as they come to life!! Oh, and be sure to check out Mim's new Icarus Shaawl in the Summer IK - I'm pondering yarns for her next!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home