Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Beginning


I scanned the very beginning of my Seraphim Shawl to show the lovely color. It's the Cinnabar laceweight wool from handpaintedyarns.com. The two skeins are not exactly the same--one is somewhat darker and more orange, the other lighter and less bright. Held together the two strands create a very pleasing fabric. I am glad the color variations are subtle, as I would't want loud stripes in this shawl. It's a very soft yarn, even more so after blocking.

I hope that using an earthy color rather than blue doesn't conflict with the Seraphim theme! I'm hoping that in this color the lace pattern will have the look of autumn leaves.

Eva, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Hi Bonnie! I think it's BEAUTIFUL! Those colors are gorgeous!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

Oh beautiful beautiful color!!! Guess I'll have to order some of that once I'm done with my yarn diet hahaha.

Pics of mine will be available tomorrow. I'm blocking 2 shawls at my dad's right now (my place is too small to block shawls :)) and I will take Seraphim along to make a pic too.

Cheers

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

What a great color. Also, it's helpful to me to see these early in-progress photos--it is helping me make sense of the pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home