Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, May 19, 2006

Seraphim Update 5-18-06


Seraphim 5-18-06
Originally uploaded by Inky Knits.
Hi All! Seraphim is coming along swimmingly and I am ready to begin the final edge chart sometime today. It's only 10 rows so I hope to have this done by the end of next week (famous last words!).

Right now it's basically a big grey blob of Frog Tree 100% brushed suri fingering weight. I swear it's lovely in person :)

I do wish I had made it bigger, but I was unsure of how much yarn I'd need and played it safe. Turns out I will probably have an entire ball left over - hopefully my LYS will take it back if she still has the same dyelot in stock, which she should since I just purchased this yarn in April '06.

I do love this pattern and plan to make it again in a silk/wool yarn like Zephyr or something along those lines. Perhaps in that Dianthus that Eva mentioned in her last post! Happy Knitting!!

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi inky! It may be a gray blob now, but I'm sure it will be gorgeous when you're done.

I have been worried about running out of yarn, too. I weighed mine and found I have just over 8 ounces. I was reading Martha Waterman's book on lace shawls last night and she says 8 oz. is enough. And since the pattern says 7 oz, I think I'm OK.

Even so, I worry! I think you were smart to get extra yarn; hopefully your LYS will take it back. Or you could try swapping it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home