Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, May 26, 2006

Finished Seraphim!!

I'm so excited - Seraphim is fresh off the needles, and even unblocked it's lovely. I won't be blocking it til next week so pics will come then. I was just so happy I had to share.

Thanks to Mim for a beautiful pattern worthy of knitting again (but not right away - Icarus awaits!), and especially thanks to Mim for so much help via email when I got stuck. This was my first charted shawl and I had a few stumbling moments, but learned a great deal and I'm not so put off by charts now!

I will say, I am a big girl (3X) and unblocked my version (Frog Tree Brushed Suri Fingering Weight on size 5 needles) just barely fits around me. I'd have to use a shawl pin to hold it closed. I'm hoping the blocking will help, or I may gift it to my Mother (who was recently in an accident and might enjoy a warm shawl in the evenings). So if you're wanting a wider/longer shawl I would definitely suggest following the instructions for making it bigger.

Happy Knitting!!

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm sure your shawl will grow when it is blocked. I blocked a Branching Out scarf last weekend and it went from 48 inches long to 60 inches.

Congratulations on finishing already! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

It should grow when blocked. My laceweight shawls are usually only shoulder coverings until they're blocked, and then WHAMMO! Full sized shawl ;)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

Wow that was fast LOL!!!

I'm definitely going to make mine bigger. I'm still working on the stockinette part...

Cheers Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home