Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Monday, May 29, 2006

Here she is...



Here she is reclining... during the 2.03 minutes of sun we've had in over a week :) In the background you can see the 2 other participants of The Amazing Lace. The Ladyslipper color (the light pink) looks pretty close in the pictures. The Dianthus is a bit less pink in reality... actually I should say a bit less red. I don't know how to fiddle around with pictures so you will have to make do with what ya get :)



This is what it looks like if you use a strand of Zephyr in Lady slipper and a strand in Dianthus. Isn't it gorgeous???

I love the fabric that you get so much that I'm planning to make a sweater out of Admiral Zephyr (a navy blue) and stripes of another color (mixing one strand of the blue with one strand of something else). If I make the sweater, I'll use needles in size 3 mm or 3.5 mm so that you get a nice fabric too. A sweater (probably more a vest... something sleeveless) doesn't need to be holey like lace.

Cheers Eva

PS: welcome to the new members we've had over the last few days.

5 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love zephyr and I love pink; so, it is going to be so lovely!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger InkyW said...

I love it!!! I enjoyed Seraphim so much I picked up some Jaegger Heather to do another!! I plan to block mine this week and pics will follow.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh Eva, that's a lovely color! It's going to be a beautiful shawl!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

That is a really nice effect! Are you giving yourself a wider border on it?

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger DAWN said...

Truely lovely. I have choosen a pink yarn, as well. Can't wait to see it complete.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home