Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Confession...

All that is left is 16 grams of each color of yarn... so (after multiple conversions) that is 176 yards or yarn (or 160 meters).

But what does this mean???? The fact that I know exactely how many yards of yarn I have left over???

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERAPHIM'S FINISHED!!!!!!!

I need to block her of course, but I'm just going to block the border part. I'm not going to make her bigger. I think she's 70-something inches across already. This is the first shawl that I made that is actually big enough for me hahaha.

I always have problems to bind off, so what I did is take a crochet hook (6.50 mm... don't know what letter that is), put it through the first stitch, drew the yarn through and made a chain stitch, I repeated this over and over again. This makes that the edge is a bit frilly, but just a tad!!! And it looks even better I think...

I will make pictures once the temps have cooled off a bit and that the thunderstorms have stopped. It's been thundering for the past 36 hours and everything's wet. I need to make a pic of her outside cos my apartment's too small :)

Cheers Eva

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger InkyW said...

Yay, congrats and can't wait to see pics!! I'm anxious to see your bind off, as I'm pondering some more yarn for another beautiful Seraphim in the near future!!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger DAWN said...

Can't wait for the finished photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home