Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Admission of Stupidity

Tonight I outfoxed myself. I learned about lifelines when I was looking for a shawl pattern. I figured that the easiest way to add lines was to just attach them to the hole in the Denise needle and drag it through as I knitted. Worked great the first time when I had only 2 plastic snap-apart stitch marker rings to worry about. When I went up to 22 stitch markers, I switched to tiny rubber bands. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Carried the new lifeline through, then started back on the next row. Oops! Lesson learned. Remove the line. Now I'm threading it through with a darning needle. And avoiding the rubber band markers.

I feel better getting that off my chest. But, I still feel stupid.

3 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger InkyW said...

don't feel stupid, the very first time I use a lifeline I too went through the markers. doh!! knit and learn :)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger EvaLux said...

LOL... been there done that... and I bet than it applies to most lace knitters :)

Cheers Eva

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Don't feel bad. We learn by doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home