Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Finally!



What do you think of them fancy stitch-markers, huh? ;) I think it's several dollars well-saved, personally. Someone suggested using loops of waste yarn for stitch markers. Very clever!

I'm excited to have gotten this far, even though it took me a long time, and excited to be doing my first lace project, and working from a chart for the first time! Reading other people's posts has really helped me prepare. I've only done the first two rows of chart 1, but it was still a confidence-builder!

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Color looks great. And yes, those first few holes are a confidence builder. That said, be sure to put in an occasional lifeline, especially when you get into the second chart. One missed yarnover can really mess things up.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

Thank you for the warning! I keep forgetting to run out and get extra dental floss, but I definitely want to run a lifeline through. Maybe, like you said, when I get done with the first chart. I don't want to mess up this one either, but I don't feel as upset about the idea of a misplaced eyelet in chart 1. Later on, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home