Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hi everyone! Glad to be along!

Hi! My name is Regina. I've been working on Seraphim as a 'to go' project (as I'm only in the increasing portion of the pattern) for a couple of months now ( I cast on for it on a road trip in June, I think). I'm really enjoying my colorway, which is Gardenia in Knitpicks Sock Garden 100% merino - it's a blending colorway from red to yellow to orange and back. I love it. I don't know what the colors are going to do in the lacework, but the color repeats of the yarn are so short and the rows are so long that I think it's going to be all right. I chose these colors because seraphim are flaming angels in the bible (angels on fire), and I think it's fitting to have a shawl that looks like fire to represent them. I mean, could anything be better than flying around while on fire shouting "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty! The whole earth is filled with his Glory!"? That could just be me though. In any case, here's a progress pic from about a week ago:

PICT0039

Please pay no attention to my abysmally messy desk. :)
Glad to be along and excited to see others' interpretations and yarn choices for this beautiful pattern! :)

-Miss Knotty

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... those colors are gorgeous!!!! Now I have to go stash diving to find my own skeins of that yarn to use them for something LOL.

I think you'll find that most people have already finished their shawls, so you may have to troll some blogs to find some pictures :)

cheers Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home