Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Done!


Well, Seraphim is done. I wimped out and skipped the last 4 rows. I have enough yarn left that I might have been able to do 2 more rows, but that’s it. Now, I just have to block it. Unblocked, it measures 76” point-to-point and 34” deep. If it relaxes like the swatch did, it should add a couple of inches in each direction. I’ll have to stop and pick up some Woolite when I leave the office tomorrow. I won’t have time to block it, but maybe Thursday.

6 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger InkyW said...

Congrats on the finishing!! I'm glad you didn't run out.

And you don't need Woolite (I actually don't care for it personally). You can use shampoo, after all, wool is "hair."

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Thanks for the reminder, Inky. Shampoo with built-in conditioner smells better than Woolite anyway. Brain is slowly coming out of it's fog. This shawl has possessed me.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

Gorgeous!!!! The white (or is it cream) shows off the lace perfectly.

Did you read the Yarn Harlot's post today? She's giving a tutorial for a crocheted cast off that needs NO yarn LOL. So you can knit til it's all gone and still cast off!!!

You'll have to scroll down a bit in todays post at www.yarnharlot.ca

Cheers Eva

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger DAWN said...

Great!! what a relief about the yarn amount-whew.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

It's beautiful! It's very helpful for me to read about your yarn because I have about 850 yards for mine and am worried about running out. I had planned to eliminate 12 repeats in the stockinette section but maybe I'll double that. It looks like this pattern grows a lot in the blocking, and so did my swatch.

I think it looks great in white!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Laughingrat said...

It turned out great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home