Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sarafina, Seraphim, Fini

Hello all,
I've been lurking silently and meant to post, but I started Seraphim on June 16th and finished it on July 5th. Not too much time for posts or anything else. Anyhow, here's the finished pic:


Project specs: Yarn: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool in a variegated color, forget the name and can't find the ball band anymore, sportweight, 400 yds ea (2 hanks)
Needle size: US 7 (4.5 mm) Addi Turbos 40"

Modifications: None! I followed the pattern to a "T" and loved it. Margene had the right idea buying 3 skeins of this yarn for Seraphim. Although you could have gotten away with 2 skeins, just need to cut back on a few rows of the increases to take out a repeat. Although I was a bit bummed that I didn't get to finish the entire chart, I can always make another one at a later date, with more yarn. The shawl is simply gorgeous, at least, imo and I adore it. I've been using it almost everyday at work since I finished it early last week. And with the rainy weather we had last weekend, it was the perfect wet weather accessory as I draped it over my shoulders when I ran out in the drizzling rain and covered my head when it was raining harder. All in all, I learned a lot about lace knitting in my first charted lace project and enjoyed the heck out of knitting it. Brava Mim! Great pattern.

More info on my blog about this project.

Thanks and I enjoyed my time here, even though I lurked. I got lots of great tips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home