Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, July 28, 2006

Minor Math Mistake

I wanted to make my Seraphim a bit smaller, since I'm afraid I may run out of yarn. So I did the math (I thought correctly) and calculated I needed to start Chart #1 when I had 103 stitches on each side (not counting the edge stitches and the center stitch). Wrong! I started Chart #1 this morning and discovered I had only 6 stitches remaining when I approached the center, rather than 12.

So I re-did my math and realized I need to begin Chart #1 when I have 109 stitches on each side, not 103. I'll need to tink back and keep doing the stockinette portion for a few more rows. Not a tragedy, just a minor seback!

I'm very close to finishing Cheryl Oberle's Kimono Shawl, and since it's a birthday gift, I'm focused on that. I'm looking forward to going full steam ahead on Seraphim very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home