Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, August 18, 2006

Newbie Here!

Hi everyone! I'm one of the new KALers. I started my Seraphim Shawl this past Sunday, after finishing up another one of Miriam's fabulous designs, Adamas.

At the moment I have two more increase rows (rows 5 and 6) to do before I begin the lace charts. Here's a progress shot:

I'm using one of the new Knit Picks yarns, Gloss, for my shawl. It's a merino/silk blend, and it has a lovely sheen to it. I forget the name of the colorway, but the color in this picture is pretty much true to life.

I've been enjoying seeing everyone's versions of the shawl -- it's so interesting to see it done in so many different colors!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

That color's absolutely gorgeous!!! Have you got any idea of how many skeins you'll be using for the shawl? I'll be in the US in a couple of weeks and plan on getting some of that Gloss stuff :)

Cheers Eva

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Eva, I used a little bit less than four skeins of the Gloss. I bought five to be on the safe side, so now I have enough left over to make myself some ankle socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home