Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Friday, August 25, 2006

New Shawl Knitter

Hello everyone,

Here is my work-in-progress on the Seraphim shawl. I am just starting chart #1. I have never knitted a lace shawl before, so I am very nervous about the charts and everything. Before I start the chart I am going to run a life-line. Just in case! The yarn I am using is GB Wolle Cosy Socks. I have never used it before but it seems to knitting up just fine. The color is black.

I am very happy to be a part of this KAL. And I will look forward to seeing all the finished shawls.

Till later.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Ooh, Angie! You are braver than I am. Black! I've read that it will help immensely if you keep something white on your lap while knitting with black.

Seriously, use the lifeline until you are comfortable. I've finished 3 lace shawls now and have only had to use it a couple of times. I'm working on a Hanging Garden stole and have not felt the need for a lifeline this time around, BUT, I count stitches on every purl row. If I've missed a YO or put in one too many, it's easy to catch and fix on that next row. And take your time. I've found that I only goof up when I'm rushing or being distracted.

I need to get back to my second Seraphim. It took a back seat while I finished a Diamond Fantasy and an Adamas.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

This one looks stunning too!!! I think I'll have to make a black one too :)

Cheers Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home