Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Sunday, June 25, 2006

sorry, i forgot...

a few things. I used 3,5mm needles and the yarn is called Kauni. It is a fingering weight wool and you can find it at www.wollsucht.de/catalog/ (sorry, the link tag didn't work!). I dyed it with Kool-Aid and I used nearly all of the 260g I bought. The shop says it has about 400m/100g so I used approx. 1000m. I strictly followed the pattern, no additional repeats and it is the weight the pattern calls for. So I can`t really explain why it got so huge! Oh, it is 90 inches wide at the top and 41 inches from the neck line to the point. I did'nt use blocking wires. Actually I only used 10 pins for the neckline because I tried to block the lace section only to avoid increasing the width! I just stretched it out at the top.

3 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

The yarn I'm using is about the same yardage for the weight, but I'm using size 6 to get the suggested gauge. When I was a getting close to starting the first chart, it started looking big, so I took a chance and decided to reduce it by one repeat. I'm now about a third of the way through the second chart and it is measuring 58" across the top.

That color looks marvelous. I've come to the conclusion that the only thing wrong with a KAL is that seeing what others are doing gives me too many ideas. But it's really nice being surrounded by so many talented people.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

The only thing that would explain the size is that you didn't get gauge. Did you wash and block your gauge swatch? Either way, it's still very pretty :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

hi miriam,
ähm,... i didn't swatch at all. i usually don't knit a swatch for shawls because they almost always fit! This one got a bit huge but i like it - it is really comfortable!

thanks for that cool design, miriam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home