Seraphim Knit Along

Will hold your hand virtually while working on the Seraphim Shawl by designer Miriam L. Felton

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Here it is...

the long finished Seraphim Shawl! It took its time to get this post ready because my computer crashed last week and I had to get it fixed first. But now everything works again and I can share a few pics with you!
unblocked:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



blocking (you see, it's huge!):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



me, trying to model it, with the help of a colleague:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



and finally, a detail of the lace:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



i really enjoyed knitting it and I think I'll do it again some time with a lace weight yarn. Thanks for your support!

6 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Inky said...

it's lovely!! a beautiful color -- can you tell us what size it blocked out to be and what yarn/needle combo you used? Did you do any additional repeats -- that size is perfect for me and I'd love to attain the same dimensions.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger EvaLux said...

it is gorgeous but indeed HUGE hahahha.

I would like to know too what you used as yarn & needles :)

Cheers Eva

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger laughingrat said...

Wow, it's turned out beautiful! Did you use blocking wires along the top, or just pins? I'm not sure what to do when I get to that point and am looking ahead. :)

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

oh.....gorgeous! gorgeous, gorgeous, goergeous!!!!

Now that I see yours, I know I should make mine smaller.

I love your yarn.color!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger DAWN said...

Your yarn color is gorgeous! It is beautiful. It would look lovely in simply lace weight yarn, too.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I love the colors in that yarn, it is wonderful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home